I’d love the event to attract more interest from young people …so have made a late decision to make places available FREE OF CHARGE to new sign-ups who are aged 16-21. YES …free places!!
The event has two distance options (56 miles or 100 miles). If you are not a regular cyclist and prepared to have a go at 56 miles, it might help to point out that the route takes you back to Elgin at 37 miles as well as 56 miles – so the minimum distance is really 37 miles. If you are a more regular cyclist (or just like a challenge) then the 100 mile route might appeal more.
If you are young and want a place, you’ll have to do this by email by contacting email@example.com
(as the website will charge you £42 …which if you aren’t young, I’d say is very good value)!!
There are a few of things to add on this offer (anticipating the questions):
– This has to be minimum age of 16. Sorry if you have a cycling child that is younger – their time will come!
– Nobody needs a fancy bike and kit to do this. A bike in working order that gets you round is all that’s needed.
– If the event should be giving away participant freebies that are included in the registration fee, they aren’t going to be included in the free registration
– If you already bought a place for a 16-20 year old, I’m afraid I’m not offering refunds (this has to be the last minute deal that doesn’t apply to those who already committed)
– Remains to be seen whether this generates any interest. There is no maximum number of free places available BUT if it were to become a cult movement among teenagers, I’d have to pause this before I go bankrupt!